Chicken – 500 gms
Red chilli powder – 4 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Onion paste – 1 tbsp
Pulav masala or garam masala – 1/2 tsp (for recipe – check out my previous post)
Water – 1/4 cup
Oil – 4 to 5 tbsp
Garlic pods – 6 crushed
Cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
Broken red chillies – 8
Curry leaves – few
Onion paste – 3 tbsp
Green chillies – 6
Pulav masala – 3/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Wash the chicken meat and put it in a pressure cooker and add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, onion paste, pulav masala and water.
- Mix well and cover and cook for 6 to 7 whistles. Let the pressure release naturally. Open the lid and check if the chicken is cooked properly.
- If there is any water left, cook for another 2 to 3 minutes till the water dries out.
- Let the chicken pieces cool. Then shred the chicken pieces and remove the bones.
- Heat oil in a wide pan, add crushed garlic and fry for a second. Then add cumin seeds, broken red chillies and curry leaves. Fry till the cumin seeds turn into a light golden brown colour.
- Immediately add onion paste, salt and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Fry for 1 minute, then add pulav masala and coriander powder. Mix well. Add the shredded chicken and roast well. Scrape the sides and bottom of the pan now and then.
- Add some more curry leaves. Mix throughly. Once the chicken turns little crispy, add finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix well. Check out the seasoning. Serve hot.
Dont forget to scrape the sides and bottom of the pan after roasting, the remains will be very flavorful and tasty.
2 thoughts on “SHREDDED CHICKEN FRY”
Mouth watering 😋😋