Grated Usirikaya – 1 cup
Oil – 1 cup for frying usirikaya,
Red chilli powder – 5 tbsp
Fenugreek powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
Mustard powder – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Lemon juice – 3 tbsp
Oil – 1/2 cup
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Mashed garlic – 10
Asafoetida -1/8 tsp
Broken red chillies – 8 pieces
Curry leaves – 2 springs
- Wash and pat dry usirikayas. Grate them using a carrot grater. Keep aside.
- Heat 1/2 cup of oil in a pan and add grated usirikaya. Fry on medium flame till colour changes.
- Switch off the flame and add lemon juice. Mix well and keep it aside.
- Take a bowl. Mix red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, fenugreek powder and mustard powder. Mix well keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds start to crackle, add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds. Then add mashed garlic, red chillies , curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Mix it with grated usirikaya. Add all the dry masalas to it. Mix well.
- Check out the seasonings. Goes well with idli , dosa and rice.
One thought on “USIRIKAYA PACHADI”
This looks delicious