Finely chopped onions – 1cup
Potatoes – 1 1/2 cup [ peeled and washed and cut into small cubes]
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1tsp
Clove powder – a big pinch
Green chillies – 3 slit
Milk – 3/4 cup
Oil- 1/4 cup
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Garlic mashed – 4 cloves
Dry red chillies – 4 pieces
Curry leaves – few
- Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes. Wash and keep them immersed in water until used.
- Heat oil. Add all the talimpu ingredients one by one. Fry for few seconds and add finely chopped onions.
- Mix well and add potato pieces , salt and turmeric powder.
- Mix well and keep covered. Cook on low flame till the potatoes are cooked.
- Mix in intervals. Add clove powder and mix well . Check out seasonings.
- Add milk and stir well. Cook on high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Switch off the fame. Goes well with chapathi.
- The consistency of the curry should be semi liquid. If case, the curry becomes too thick, you can add milk.