Raw mango medium size -1 (peeled and cut into small chunks)
Garlic pods – 6 with out skin
Curry leaves – 1 spring
Cumin seeds -1 tsp
Red chilli powder -1 tbsp
Cumin seeds powder – 1tsp
Fenugreek powder -1 tsp
Salt -1/2 tbsp
Oil – 1/3 cup
Cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds -1/3 tsp
Garlic pods – 4 ( mashed with skin)
Broken red chilles- 8 pieces
Curry leaves- 2 springs
Asofotida- 4 tsp
- Wash the mango well and cut into small pieces with out skin. Keep it aside.
- Mash 1 tsp of cumin seeds, 6 garlic pods and curry leaves into a coarse paste in a motar and pestle.
- Then add mango pieces and mash it into a coarse paste. Keep it aside.
- Add red chilli powder, salt, cumin powder and fenugreek powder to the coarse paste. Mix well and keep it aside.
- Take a small kadai. Heat oil in it. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- When it starts spluttering, add mashed garlic, broken red chilles and curry leaves. Fry for a second.
- Add asafoetida and mix well and pour it on the mixed mango masala. Mix well and adjust salt.
If you want to make this chutney using a grinder, first grind cumin seeds, garlic and curry leaves into a coarse paste.
Then add mango pieces and grind again. The remaining procedure is the same.