chicken – 1 kg
ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
pepper powder – 2 tbsp [ freshly grounded ]
pulav masala – 1/2 tsp
green chilles – 10 slited
turemeric – 1/4 tsp
red chilli powder- 1/4 tsp
salt to taste
oil – 4 tbsp
water -1 1/2 cups
curry leaves – few leaves
- Wash the chicken properly ,and in that add ginger garlic paste, pepper powder, turmeric, salt and marinate for half an hour.
- Take a kadai , add the marinated chicken and water and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Keep covered , and cook on low flame till the water evaporates .
- Make sure the chicken is perfectly cooked.
- Take a large kadai , add the remaining oil, curry leaves ,green chilles , boiled chicken and pulav masala, and fry for about 10-15 min in a medium flame until it turns into brown colour.
- That’s it!!! pepper chicken is ready!! ( an ideal recipe for children)
paneer – 500gms(cut into cubes)
onions – 2 large(cut into slices)
green chillies – 4
ginger – i inch(cut into pieces)
garlic – 8 cloves(without skin)
cumin seeds – 1 tsp
coriander seeds – 1 tsp
capsicum – 1 (big size)
turmeric – 1/2 tsp
red chilli powder – 1 1/2 tsp
cashew nuts – 8
oil – 3 tbsp
salt to taste
water – 3/4 cup
1. Take a pan , add 1 tsp of oil.
2. In this add onions, green chillies, ginger, garlic , cumin seeds and coriander seeds and fry them till they turn into light brown colour.
3. Let it cool for 10 min and blend it to a fine paste.
4. Take another pan, add the remaining oil.
5. Add the capsicum pieces and fry for 2-3 min. Add the blended paste and fry for 2-3 min again.
6. In this add the salt, red chilli powder, turmeric and fry for another 5-6 min till the raw smell goes out.
7. Add the paneer cubes and water and cook on a low flame till the oil separates.
8. Remove from flame and serve hot with roti or naan.
Cloves – 1/2 cup
Cardamon – 1/2 cup
Cinnamon – 1/2 cup
Javithri – 1/3 cup (Japathri)
nut meg – 1/2 piece ( jajikaya)
Poppy seeds – 1/3 cup ( gasa gasalu)
Marathi mogga – 1/4 cup
Star anise – 1/3 cup
- Put all these ingredients in a plate mix well.
- Put in sun for one hour and grind to a fine powder.
- Store in air tight container .
- Now your pulav masala is ready and can be used in all kinds of pulav.