Coriander seeds – 1cup
Dry red chillies pieces – 1 cup to 1 1/2 cup [ adjust according to your spice level ]
Garlic cloves – 10 mashed
Cumin seeds – 2 tbsp
Urad dal – 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Tamarind – small lemon size
Curry leaves – 1/2 cup loosely packed
Oil – 1 tbsp
This podi mixed with hot rice with generous amount of ghee can be taken before starting your meals. Good for health.
- Heat oil in a wide pan , add broken red chilli pieces. Fry on low flame for one minute.
- Then add all the remaning ingredients. Stir continuously and fry on low flame till the coriander seeds release their flavour and turn golden.
- Remove and cool. Place the cooled spice mixture along with salt in a blender and grind to make a coarse powder.
- Store in air tight container and serve with hot rice or idly with generous amount of ghee.
Kodiguddulu – 5 boiled and peeled
Finely chopped onions- 3 cups
Green chillies – 5 slited
Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
Salt to taste
Clove powder – a pinch
Milk – 1/2 cup
Oil – 1/4 cup
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Garlic cloves – 4
Broken red chillies – 4 pieces
Curry leaves – few
- Heat oil in a kadai, add cumin seeds and let them splutter. Add all the remaning ingredients one by one.
- Fry for few seconds. Add finely chopped onions and green chillies.
- Then, add salt and turmeric powder. Cover and cook on low flame. Meanwhile heat 1 tbsp of oil in a kadai. Add turmeric powder and eggs.
- Fry on medium flame till the eggs become brown. Switch off the flame and take out the eggs from the pan and keep it aside.
- When onions turn into light pink colour, add eggs and clove powder. Mix well. Fry for 2 more minutes.
- Add milk and mix well. Cook on high flame till the milk evaporates and oil floats on top.
- Goes well with roti and rice.
Curry leaves – 1 1/2 cup, loosely packed
Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
Chana Dal – 1/2 tbsp
Urad dal -1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds -1/3 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Crushed garlic – 4 pods
Broken red chilles – 1/2 cup
Tamarind paste – 1 tbsp
Jaggery – 1 1/2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil -3 tbsp
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp of oil in a pan . Add Chana Dal, coriander seeds,urad dal ,cumin seeds, and mustard seeds fry on medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add crushed garlic and broken red chilles. Fry till they turn crispy . Cool them.
- In the same pan , add 1 1/2 tbsp oil fry curry leaves till crispy . Cool them .
- Grind every thing together with salt ,tamarind paste and jaggery using little water to a coarse paste.
You can store this pachadi for about a week in the refrigerator. Adjust seasonings.