Soya granules – 1 cup
Oil – 1/2 cup
Roasted coriander powder – 4 tbsp
Red chilli powder – 5 tbsp (Adjust according to your spice level)
Salt – 2 to 3 tbsp
Clove powder-1/4 tsp
Oil – 3/4 cup
Mashed garlic cloves -15
Cumin seeds – 1tsp
Broken red chillies -1/4 cup
Curry leaves – 1/2 cup
Lemon juice – 4tbsp
- Boil soya granules in hot water for 5 minutes and strain it. Wash it well. Squeeze and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add squeezed soya granules and fry on medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes.Switch off the flame and cool it.
- Add salt, coriander powder, red chilli powder and clove powder. Mix well and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a large kadai and add cumin seeds and crushed garlic. Fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add red chilli and curry leaves. Fry on high flame till the garlic turns into golden brown.
- Switch off the flame and add lemon juice. Mix well and cool it.
- Add the talimpu to soya masala and mix well. Check out the seasonings.
- Serve hot with hot rice.
Maida – 1 cup+ 3 tbsp
Boiled potatoes – 3 peeled and grated [ it should make 1 cup]
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
Medium sized onion -1 finely chopped
Oil – 1 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1tsp
Red chilli flakes – 1tsp
Salt to taste
Oil and ghee for frying rotis
- Heat 1 1/2 tsp oil in a pan.
- Now add onions and salt. Let it fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then add finely chopped coriander leaves and let it fry for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame and keep it aside.
- Take a bowl and add the following :- grated potato, coriander powder, chilli flakes, previously made onion fry and maida.
- Knead the dough properly and don’t add water at all.
- Make medium size balls of the dough, dust the balls with some flour and start rolling the roti.
- Heat a tawa and place the roti on it. Wait for few seconds and flip the roti as soon as you notice few tiny bubbles on the surface of the roti.
- Heat the other side of the roti for a few seconds then apply oil and flip it again.
- Cook it by pressing it very gently using spatula. Cook until it turns golden brown by applying some ghee and oil on both sides.
- Serve hot with any curries.
Fish – 8 pieces
Ginger and garlic paste – 1 1/2 tbsp
Besan flour – 2tbsp
Red chilli powder – 4 tbsp
Lemon juice – 1 1/2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Pulav masala – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp for mixing
Oil – for frying
Lemon wedges – 3 to 4
- Wash the fish pieces well under running water. Apply some salt and turmeric to the fish pieces and rest it for a few minutes.
- Wash the fish again and add lemon juice if there is any unwanted smell.
- In a bowl, add ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, red chilli powder, coriander powder, besan powder, pulav masala and salt as per taste .
- Mix all the spices well using 1 tbsp of oil.
- Coat the fish with the masala paste. Marinate for one hour.
- Take a pan. Add 3 to 4 tbsp of oil and heat it. Place the fish pieces carefully on the pan and cook them for 5 to 6 minutes on one side.
- Flip the fish pieces and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Once the fish is well cooked, place them on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
- Similarly, fry the rest of the pieces. Sprinkle lemon juice while serving the fish.
Serve with onion rings.
- Make sure to fry both the sides well until fish turns golden red and crisp.