Jonnalu – 1 cup
Chana dal – 1/2 cup
Split moong dal with skin – 1/2 cup
Fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Water to grind
Ghee and oil for roasting dosa
Finely chopped onion – 1 medium size
- Wash and soak jonnalu, chana dal, moong dal and fenugreek seeds for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, rinse them well and grind it to a paste using little water.
- Transfer to a bowl and add salt. Mix well.
- Adjust the consistency of batter using water. Batter should be like dosa batter.
- Heat a pan until hot. Once pan is hot enough , pour a ladle full batter in the center of the pan.
- Spread it to a thin round layer with the base of the ladle. Next, add finely chopped onions and teaspoon of ghee and oil on the edges and all over.
- Cook on medium to low flame. When it is roasted well, you get a thin crispy dosa.
- Usually it doesn’t need cooking on the other side if you make it thin.
- If the batter is moist, it needs to be cooked on the other side as well.
- Serve dosa with coconut chutney .