Potato pieces- 2 cups [ peeled and cut into chunks]
Onion paste – 1 cup [check out my previous posts]
Green chillies – 5 slit
Cinnamon powder – 1/2tsp
Clove powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder -1tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 2tsp
Milk – 1/2cup
Oil – 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Garlic – 4 mashed
Dry red chilli pieces- 5
Curry leaves – few
This recipe was handed over to me by my mother-in-law
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add peeled and washed potatoes. Fry on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Then add all the talimpu ingredients one by one. Fry for 2 minutes. Add onion paste.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and green chillies. Fry on low flame for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Mix in intervals. Add red chilli powder, cinnamon powder and clove powder and mix well.
- Fry for 5 minutes and add 1 1/2 cups of water. Pressure cook on high flame till 1 whistle.
- Reduce flame to low and cook for 3 minutes. Switch off the flame .
- Allow pressure to release. Open lid and add 1/2 cup of milk.
- Mix well and cook on high flame till the gravy becomes little thick.
- Check out the seasonings. serve with dosa and chapathi.
- When serving curry you can add raw onions on top of the curry.
Maida – 1 cup+ 3 tbsp
Boiled potatoes – 3 peeled and grated [ it should make 1 cup]
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
Medium sized onion -1 finely chopped
Oil – 1 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1tsp
Red chilli flakes – 1tsp
Salt to taste
Oil and ghee for frying rotis
- Heat 1 1/2 tsp oil in a pan.
- Now add onions and salt. Let it fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then add finely chopped coriander leaves and let it fry for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame and keep it aside.
- Take a bowl and add the following :- grated potato, coriander powder, chilli flakes, previously made onion fry and maida.
- Knead the dough properly and don’t add water at all.
- Make medium size balls of the dough, dust the balls with some flour and start rolling the roti.
- Heat a tawa and place the roti on it. Wait for few seconds and flip the roti as soon as you notice few tiny bubbles on the surface of the roti.
- Heat the other side of the roti for a few seconds then apply oil and flip it again.
- Cook it by pressing it very gently using spatula. Cook until it turns golden brown by applying some ghee and oil on both sides.
- Serve hot with any curries.
Potato pieces – 1 cup
Green chilles – 5 cut into 2 inch pieces
Mustard powder – 1/4 cup
Red chilli powder – 1/2 cup
Fresh lemon juice – 1/3 cup
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds -1 tsp
Garlic cloves – 20 mashed with skin
Salt to taste
Oil – 1- 1/3 cup
Peel the potato and wash it. Cut the potato into small cubes and pat dry on kitchen towel for 20 minutes .
Take a large bowl mix all the ingredients one by one. Adjust seasoning.
Serve with hot rice.
Suggestions – Store in fridge after 2 days.