Nuvvulu – 1cup
Water – 1tbsp
Oil – 1/2 tsp
Chana dal – 1tbsp
Urad dal – 1tbsp
Coriander seeds – 1tbsp
Broken red dry red chilli pieces- 1/2 cup
Curry leaves – 1/4 cup
Mashed garlic – 8
Salt – 1tbsp
- Mix 1tbsp of water with nuvvulu and keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chana dal and urad dal. Fry on low flame till it becomes light golden brown.
- Then, add coriander seeds and fry for 1 minute. Add red chillies and curry leaves.
- Fry on low flame till the red chillies becomes crisp. Switch off the flame and add cumin seeds .
- Mix well. Keep it aside and let it cool. Dry roast nuvvulu on low flame till they start popping and becomes golden in colour.
- Cool it and keep it aside. Transfer the dry masala to a grinder jar and add salt. Grind it to a powder.
- Then, add nuvvulu and grind it to a powder. Lastly, add crushed garlic and grind 2 more times.
- Check out salt and transfer to a glass bottle. Goes well with idly and rice with dollop of ghee.